A FREE & EASY TO USE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS
Add an extra layer of security to your WordPress website login pages and its users. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA), the best protection against users using weak passwords, and automated password guessing and brute force attacks.
Features | Getting Started | 14-Day Premium Trial
Use the WP 2FA plugin to enable two-factor authentication for your WordPress administrator user, and to enforce your website users, or some of them to use 2FA. This plugin is very easy to use. It has wizards with clear instructions, so even non technical users can setup 2FA without requiring technical assistance.
Maintained & Supported by WP White Security
WP White Security builds high-quality WordPress security & admin plugins such as WPassword, and WP Activity Log, the #1 user-rated activity log plugin for WordPress.
Browse our list of WordPress security plugins to see how our plugins can help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress websites and users.
WP 2FA Key plugin features & capabilities
- Free Two-factor authentication (2FA) for all users
- Supports multiple 2FA methods
- Universal 2FA app support – generate codes from Google Authenticator, Authy & any other 2FA app
- Supports 2FA backup methods
- Very easy to use and simple to set up
- Use 2FA policies to enforce 2FA with a grace period
- Or require users to instantly setup 2FA upon logging in
- Out of the box support for third party plugins such as WooCommerce and other e-commerce & membership plugins
- No WordPress dashboard access required for users to set up 2FA
- Fully editable email templates
- Protection against automated password & dictionary attacks
- And many other plugin features
Extend the functionality of WP 2FA & automate more
- More 2FA methods such as 2FA over SMS, Push notification and one-click login
- Add trusted devices – no need for 2FA code each time you log in
- Whitelabel all the 2FA pages – for a consistent user experience
- Fully whitelabel-enabled user 2FA wizards & emails; add your own the logo, upload custom CSS and also change the text
- Give the users more alternative 2FA methods to choose from and use so they are never locked out
- Add 2FA to your WooCommerce user pages with just one-click
- Configure different 2FA policies for different user profiles
- Easily get an overview of users‘ 2FA setup with the reports
- And many other features
Refer to the 2FA plugin features and benefits page to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to WP 2FA Premium.
Free and Premium Support
Support for WP 2FA is free on the WordPress support forums.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all WP 2FA Premium users.
Note: paid customer support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email and over the phone. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us please use our contact form.
As Featured On:
Related Links and Documentation
- The benefits of using 2FA on WordPress
- 2FA – what is Two-factor authentication
- Why you need both 2FA & strong passwords
- Setting up Google authenticator for WordPress 2FA
- List of supported 2FA apps
- The definitive guide to WordPress Security
- Official WP 2FA plugin website
From within WordPress
- Visit ‚Plugins > Add New‘
- Search for ‚WP 2FA‘
- Install & activate the WP 2FA from your Plugins page.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins repository
- Unzip the zip file and upload the
wp-2fafolder to the
- Activate the WWP 2FA plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
Sobustatkujuce a wuwijarje
„WP 2FA – Two-factor authentication for WordPress“ jo software wótwórjonego žrědła. Slědujuce luźe su pśinosowali k toś tomu tykacoju.Sobustatkujuce
“WP 2FA – Two-factor authentication for WordPress” has been translated into 9 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WP 2FA – Two-factor authentication for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release notes: Addressed broken plugin updating issue
- New option to send newly generated backup codes via email with just a click.
- Added instructions on how to manually copy the private key to the wp-config.php file in the dashboard notification.
- Added additional checks for private key in wp-config.php file.
- Reviewed & improved the first-time install wizard’s text and layout.
- Updated the text of the plugin feature matrix.
- Improved the build script to automatically remove all files not required by the plugin when installed.
- „Remove 2FA“ button in user profile page is removed when 2FA is enforced on a user.
- Fixed: users were not advised of plugin update and forced update was failing.
- Fixed: broken „Contact us“ link in the support page.
- Fixed: „Settings saved“ banner shown twice when changing WordPress settings –Support thread
- Fixed: a number of strings were missing in the translation file.
- Fixed: dropdown Menu Arrow is misplaced when the dropdown menu is opened.
Refer to the complete plugin changelog for more detailed information about what was new, improved and fixed in previous version updates of WP 2FA.